High or low BC's?

midwesthunter

Pretty sure higher is better but not 100%. Looking to order some new bullets for my new 8mm mag. Was looking between 200 grain nosler partition and accubond. Noticed the BC's were hight in the partitions. .427 vs .379 if I remember rite.

For wind bucking and reduced drop at long ranges the higher the better when it comes to BC.

But......it must also come with a bullet that shoots well in your gun and that is designed to do what you want for the target intended at the ranges that you'll be shooting.

Bullet choice and construction is up to the individual but I typically prefer an Accubond over the Partition for the game I hunt. The difference in BC that you mentioned it not really all that much when it comes to long range ballistics.

At 500 yds, a high BC offers much less advantage than at - say - 800 to 1000 yds. Any kind of a pointed-tip bullet should do pretty well out to 500 yds.

Pretty sure higher is better but not 100%. Looking to order some new bullets for my new 8mm mag. Was looking between 200 grain nosler partition and accubond. Noticed the BC's were hight in the partitions. .427 vs .379 if I remember rite.

On Noslers web site they list there 8mm 200gr Accubond at .450 BC and the Partition at
.350 BC

Either bullet will perform well under 500 yards but the Accubond will expand better at 300 yards
an out due to velocity and the partition is a lot tougher and works best at close range on
thick skinned game.

I use both, and on high velocity calibers up close prefer the partition.

But for all round and extended ranges I switch to the Accubond.

Just my opinion for what it's worth

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.