Hi from Northern Texas

Bucks4me2

I've been a reader and member of this site for about a year. I just recently order a new rifle from Short Action Custom, chamber in a 6.5 SS (Sherman Shortmag), now its the most difficult part "waiting game" the itch is driving me crazy:D. I would like to thank everybody that post such great information, all the different point of views given on this site has sure been very helpful, top notch information. Thank you

welcome! (I don't post here all the often, but its always good to have connections.)

i'm working on an Auodad hunt in childress area. where abouts are you located in Northern texas?

what is your intended use on the 6.5ss?

welcome! (I don't post here all the often, but its always good to have connections.)

i'm working on an Auodad hunt in childress area. where abouts are you located in Northern texas?

what is your intended use on the 6.5ss?

Good luck on you Auodad hunt, make sure to post a picture. One of the places that I hunt is just about an hour South of you in Knox County, there is some beautiful wide open country in that area. I live in Duncanville. The 6.5ss is going to be my go to rifle, for White Tail, wild boars, Elk etc.:D

Welcome. I will meet you in Gainsville when you get that new rifle and we can air it out at 600.

geo4061, that sounds like fun. I also hunt near Forestburg so Gainsville is just down the road. Plus my work takes me through that area all the time. Thank you for the invitation gun)

ahh! I look forward to seeing the rifle when its all said and done!

I'm still in the very very beginning of planning for the sheep hunt. if you have any advise or thoughts i'd love to talk!

ahh! I look forward to seeing the rifle when its all said and done!

I'm still in the very very beginning of planning for the sheep hunt. if you have any advise or thoughts i'd love to talk!

I am planing on doing a full review on the rifle built, load development, long range testing and if I am lucky test that 6.5 on a big boar.

I have never seen a sheep in my area and never have hunted them anywhere else, even though they are on my list to do. Sorry can't help you with the sheep hunt. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.