Hi from Indiana

Ozzieman

I have been shooting for 30+ years now and this summer I picked up my first long range paper killer.
It's a Remington 700 with a Jewel trigger set at 1.2 lb in .223 and iron sights that cost more than the gun. Since I am getting old and the eyesight is going I am planning on mounting an old Tasco custom shop 12-60X56 that I picked up from a friend. I want a Leopold but the price right now is a little to steep.
I would add a photo of the rem but I can't figure out how to attach a photo in this forum.
I reload everything from .380 auto to 7mm mag and I picked up everything I know about guns and reloading from a great man that is no longer with us that used to ride trains and carry a gun with Pres. Harry Truman.
There were great stories there.
I am a revolver man at heart and the 44 special is my favorite. I have 11 N frame smiths and 6 are 44 special.
Back in the 80's I was on a wanted poster in every ground hog den in northern Indiana, Had a Ruger 77 Varmint in 6mm Rem that had a nasty reputation, my best sniper work against the Earthen piggies was 380 yards, and I was proud of the shot. High cross wind and held setting down across my knees.
What do you call it shooting a ground hog that has been eating soybeans with a 6mm rem.
A green cloud.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.