Hi all

hunlee thanks XP for help with long range project.Burris 3-12 scope is in hunlee future.I go an check price on 3-12 very soon shooters supplies stores on internet hoping to find best deal around.....Keep fingers crossed for hunlee.One thing hunlee has been thinking about is puttin Bushnel 2-6 on 375 Windchester and new Burris on 223 for now so target practice cant hurt.Then look into new custom barrel for long range big game shooting.When new barrle is delivered to hunlee the 3-12 can be put on new big game barrel.......hunlee has been thinking of this long range buisness for some time but money is issue at this time,i guess i could let the house payment go for a month or two so hunlee could get new scope an barrel.....xp my home state was South Dakota but hunlee has since moved away from there......I whish they was more people useing this long range forum,it seems they is juss a few at this time.hunlee reelily aprecieates your help

hunlee

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't take your house payment money away for a SP.
Patience and slowing holding some back is better IMO.
I was curious of your location, since the structure of your writing is odd to me, as mine may be different to you.

Good luck in your adventure.

XP I check around some on computer an i fine some price for Burris 3-12 scope.....hunlee fines they offer many different models of them so confuseion is an issue.....Maybe i make decision of what one will come but maybee any 3-12 will do? hunlee will looks even further in to this

hunlee

Get the model that has the BP reticle. Most people prefer the matte finish.
Make sure it is a LER (handgun) scope.

hunlee look into gettin scope with bp init.One thing about shopping for new scope is price I am finding.From what hunlee has found so far is high price from differunt shooting suppliy houses.I has prettty much made mind up at this point,hunlee will just let the house payment go this month so a new scope can be had.Maybe next month for the barrel.House payment catchup is no big deel,low interest you know and income tax refunds around the corner

allso XP i rember you say about 30-30ai as bein good calliber for a long ranger.Hunlee has call a friend out in old home state of South dakota as he is a Contender shooter hunter an anyone ever being there in South Dakota well tell you you can shoot long ways there.He tell me he shoot a 30-30ai in Contender frame and barrel is 14 inch long rite from TC factory.This is allso good news for hunlee as tc barrel is less money than customs.Do you ever deel with 30-30ai barrel befor XP?Wondering about bullit size for shooting from 30-30ai as 30calliber has many offerins from shooters suppiles houses.Any help from you XP or any one else would be much appreesheated
hunlee

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.