Hey 7mmRHB??

stevet

I was reading a post about the wildcat cartridge of yours with the same user name. I have been considering building the same type of 7mm off the 300 ultra mag case. I'm just wondering if you could tell me more information about the cartridge?? I really like the idea of the shorter magnum case without a belt. If you want to keep it private you can send me an email at [email protected] Thanks, Steve

A little history for ya Stevet. 7mmRHB got together with Good grouper and Uncle B by going out and showing them what he could do with a .22 hornet. The ranges were unreal for this caliber.

If you are interested in a 7mm he designed be forewarned. That baby is going to be waiting for you to catch up with what it can do for quite some time.

But this is a good thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stevet,the rational thing to do is a7mm Dakota IMP. like Kirby did with his 6.5AX. Lots less work involved to form the brass.
The reason I did it the hard way was so my bolt wouldn't have to be modified. (you might want to go back to an Ultra mag some day) Either way it's a very efficiant case.
It will be interesting to see if it can perform well with the heavy VLDs (168 to 200gr) It has easily produced higher velocities than the 7mmUltra mag with the 140gr ABs and 80grs RL22 Whether it can do that with the smaller cap. and heavy bullets remains to be seen. [email protected]

7mmRHB, I'm not a very rational guy. I looked into the Dakota and didn't like the idea of modifying the bolt. I believe it would have had a feeding problem also. So, tell me more about the process making your brass. I am re-barreling my 7mmSTW and considering changing chambers at the same time. I like my STW, but would like to venure into something similar with better options, such as a shorter, fatter, non-belted case to seat the bullets out. I'll send you an email...Steve

GG, thanks for pointing out that I don't even know my own E-mail address.

Stevet check your mail. 7mmrhb

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.