Here's the spot I hunted from this year...

Re: Here\'s the spot I hunted from this year...

Sam

The aspens and dark timber hide the animals much better out west then in PA.

It's extremely hard picking out the animals in a stand of Aspens that run the entire way up the mountains. What looks like open areas is mostly thick oak brush that is higher then I am tall. Hides deer and elk quite well.

Patience and GOOD optics are all you need in PA and of course, snow really helps.

We sit for hours looking into the thick hiding places of the western States or PA----makes no difference. The more sets of eyes on the mountain, the better the chances of finding something. Long-range glassing and hunting is a "team" sport.

Finding the animals in their beds or standing is our reward even if we don't want to kill it.

You can shoot into the thick areas with the bigger calibers we use without any concern of deflection.

Later
DC

Re: Here\'s the spot I hunted from this year...

Those ridges & ravines look like they'll make for some INTERESTING wind channels. I 'magine you'll have to pay close attention to it at any LR distance. Looks like it's a place made to hunt!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.