Here's my situation

I'm going to try to find a good load at mag length, if I don't, I have decided to just shoot it as a single shot
I am a firm believer in the "one shot, one kill" method, so single-shots don't really bother me. But I use a 7mmRM for deer hunting because usually there's multiple deer in the field, and if I need meat, I can jack another one in there real quick and dispatch a doe as well, if I need to.

I have a Cooper in 260 Remington, so far it appears that H4350 , BR Primers with the 140 VLD Hunting Berger is what I am looking at. I deer hunt over a 300 acre field and can shoot out to 800 yards. Before you ask I have killed deer out to 542 yards but not with this gun. My problem is if I seat the Berger in the rifling the loaded round will not eject without removing the bolt, I see three options, set the barrel back and have the chamber recut for the bullet, modify the ejector or switch bullets. I don't want to set the barrel back and there is not enough meat on the ejector to back it up .030. that leaves another bullet. am I missing an option, what bullet would you recommend, my twist is 1 in 8 and 140 amax require a 1 in 7.5. Thanks for any ideas you have.
Move to the Accubond or Hornady Interbond or perhaps Swift Sirocco, whichever shoots best for you. those three bullets will not fail you if you can put it in the right spot.

I am a firm believer in the "one shot, one kill" method, so single-shots don't really bother me. But I use a 7mmRM for deer hunting because usually there's multiple deer in the field, and if I need meat, I can jack another one in there real quick and dispatch a doe as well, if I need to.
I don't mind single shots I shoot at the range more than I get to hunt I don't remember the last time I loaded my mag...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.