here for help and good advice

jasonshortjeeper

Hey my name is jason. I live in Oregon where i hunt deer, elk, bear, cugar, cyotes, and ground squirles aslo known as sage rats or squeeks. I have in my collection a Ruger 10/22 with a Buttler Creek bull barrel, Houge rubberized stock and a BSA sweet 22 scope. Bushmaster m-4 style ar-15 with a red dot scope and a custome camo paint job i did myself. Remington 700 sps varnmit hevy barrel chambered in .223 with a 10x-40x scope, Harris by pod and custom camo paint by me again. Remington 700 sps chambered in .300 rum with a Burris 4.5x-14x scope. I am shooting a 200 grn. Nosler ballistic tip and shooting a sub 1/2" group at 100 yards. A savage 116 chambered in .375 h&h mag. Enfield #4 mkk 2 chambered in .303 british. Mossberg pump shotgun and Winchester model 1300 defender shotgun. Last but not least a Springfield xd tactical chambered in 9 mm with Crimsion Trace laser grip. I have read posts in here before and from what i can tell you guys have alot of good useable information. I plan on learning alot from all of you. Now, i am building a long range rifle and am haveing a hard time deciding on a caliber. I was first going to go with a .338-378 Wheatherby but i don't lie the belted case. Now i am likeing the .338 edge or the .375 Cheytac. I like the edge because of cost. I allready have 300 rum brass that i can use so all i will have to get is dies and bullets. Now i like the .375 Cheytac for its speed, bc and impressive range. I am not to sure about the cost though. I have a gunsmith where i live that will built the rifle. I am going to use a Pac-Nor super match ss barrel 29" long and 1.25" dia at the muzzle, Either a 700 action from a model 700 adl 8mm mag or Lawton action, manners stock and nightforce optics 5.5x-22x nxs scope. I have been thinking about putting a Defencive Edge muzzle brake on it but would also like to know more about the Pain Killer 3 port muzzle brake and also where to order one. I thank all of you for any help you can give me.

Jason.

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting Jason. Glad to have you join us.

You might try your questions in the general forum for starters as I think you'll get a lot more responses there. Not everyone reads the Members Introduction forum.

Good luck with your build.

Jason, I live in central oregon, if you don't mind me asking. Who is your gunsmith? I am currently looking for a local to do some work to my 300rum. And would love to know about a local that could build one from the ground up. If anyone else knows about one please post! Thanks, Blaine

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.