Here comes Deer Season..

kc

Well guys here in Michigan Bow season is one month to go.
Firearm season is two months..its just around the corner.
I have seen a few Does but no Bucks as of yet.
****..I can't wait. How about you?

Here in WI bow season starts on sept 17th. That's coming up quick. Then we have a youth gun season on oct 7-8th, we picked out a few spots for stands and went shining and withing a few miles we saw like 30 deer(almost half bucks), an 8 that anyone would be happy with and a HUGE 11 pionter with all kinds of stickers poking out all over. I hope they show up durring the youth season my nephew is pumped :)

Here in central Ca we dont get to hunt in the rut so bow season wraps up this weekend then general season opens on the 23rd. I have been busy the last month dialing some lead free loads and tuning up up my off hand and moving shots. Gettin excited!

Here in fairfax,va it started on the 3rd. We have a season called the urban archery season. It tries to thin the deer population at a earlier part of the season. Only does are to be taken during this season. Definately going out this weekend.

BOW SEASON IS October 22 for my zone in Florida maybe by then it will cool down some weve had a solid month of over 100 degree days.

Been too busy hunting goats and elk to worry too much about deer:D
WY goat started august 15th for bow and september 15th for gun. Elk opened for bow on september 1st.
October 15th I'll start getting after deer with the rifle and fill the remaining goat tags along with the elk tag, if it doesnt get filled with the xbow.
Not sure at this point what is worse? Hunting in 90º heat or snow........

I live in Mi and I would have no problem letting the kids shoot does during the youth hunt. By me I can show you 3-5 bucks just about in every soy bean field a half hour before dark. And some are the biggest bucks in the section. Then the kids show up and bang real deer hunting. It sure doesn't teach them alot how to hunt. These big bucks don't even get a chance to breed. The kids have it all now a days. I had to wait till I was 14. And there was no cross bow or compound. I went out and sat on a stump. NO bait!!! No Shanty Blind!!! No tree stands!!! And then kids can keep going on the youth hunt till he's 16. I think they can stat hunting with a bow when they are 10. I just dn't et it. They say its to promote interest. Well it shouldn't take the youth hunt to get somebody intereted you either are or aren't a hunter.

The place I am hunting has a bunch of water this year I know I will need my hip waders
its around a foot deep but the island around it is looking good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.