Here comes Deer Season..

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kc, Sep 6, 2011.

1. kc

kc Well-Known Member

Well guys here in Michigan Bow season is one month to go.
    Firearm season is two months..its just around the corner.
    I have seen a few Does but no Bucks as of yet.
    DAMN..I can't wait. How about you?

2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Here in WI bow season starts on sept 17th. That's coming up quick. Then we have a youth gun season on oct 7-8th, we picked out a few spots for stands and went shining and withing a few miles we saw like 30 deer(almost half bucks), an 8 that anyone would be happy with and a HUGE 11 pionter with all kinds of stickers poking out all over. I hope they show up durring the youth season my nephew is pumped :)

3. bocajnala

bocajnala Active Member

September 24th here in OHio for Bow. Then rifle season the week after thanksgiving for me in PA. I'm excited this year, I've seen a lot of good deer around.
    -Jake

4. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Here in central Ca we dont get to hunt in the rut so bow season wraps up this weekend then general season opens on the 23rd. I have been busy the last month dialing some lead free loads and tuning up up my off hand and moving shots. Gettin excited!

5. The Duke007

The Duke007 Well-Known Member

Here in fairfax,va it started on the 3rd. We have a season called the urban archery season. It tries to thin the deer population at a earlier part of the season. Only does are to be taken during this season. Definately going out this weekend.

6. tckurt

tckurt Member

youth hunt in michigan is in sept also.

7. Head shot

Head shot Well-Known Member

Opened 9/10 here HOT 90 full moon need I say more?gun)

8. bamadawg2009

bamadawg2009 Well-Known Member

BOW SEASON IS October 22 for my zone in Florida maybe by then it will cool down some weve had a solid month of over 100 degree days.

9. Snubbie

Snubbie Well-Known Member

Bow season is in here in W. North Carolina. ML season starts in two weeks! Checked my game camera today. One little fork horn buck and a bear!

10. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Been too busy hunting goats and elk to worry too much about deer:D
    WY goat started august 15th for bow and september 15th for gun. Elk opened for bow on september 1st.
    October 15th I'll start getting after deer with the rifle and fill the remaining goat tags along with the elk tag, if it doesnt get filled with the xbow.
    Not sure at this point what is worse? Hunting in 90ยบ heat or snow........

11. gonewest

gonewest Well-Known Member

I live in Mi and I would have no problem letting the kids shoot does during the youth hunt. By me I can show you 3-5 bucks just about in every soy bean field a half hour before dark. And some are the biggest bucks in the section. Then the kids show up and bang real deer hunting. It sure doesn't teach them alot how to hunt. These big bucks don't even get a chance to breed. The kids have it all now a days. I had to wait till I was 14. And there was no cross bow or compound. I went out and sat on a stump. NO bait!!! No Shanty Blind!!! No tree stands!!! And then kids can keep going on the youth hunt till he's 16. I think they can stat hunting with a bow when they are 10. I just dn't et it. They say its to promote interest. Well it shouldn't take the youth hunt to get somebody intereted you either are or aren't a hunter.

12. kc

kc Well-Known Member

The place I am hunting has a bunch of water this year I know I will need my hip waders
    its around a foot deep but the island around it is looking good.