henry big boy 44 mag

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by smithy 75, May 17, 2008.

1. smithy 75

smithy 75 Member

gun)i guys anybody use a big boy in 44 mag and wot do you think of the build quality first post from chris dudley uk

2. teddy12b

teddy12b Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I held quite a few of them about a year ago. They are well built solid feeling rifles, but I bought a Puma 20" 44mag instead and haven't regretted it one bit. I wouldn't try to talk you out of a Henry if that's what you want, but I would urge you to consider a Puma also especially since they are almost half the price.

3. grit

grit Well-Known Member

I was shopping last year myself. I too went another route. I chose the Marlin 444. However, of all the rifles I handled the Henry seemed the best built. The workmanship was excellent, the action smooth, and the trigger was nice. I handled a few of them and they all seemed the same. If they offered the action in a nice case hardened color, I'd own one. Just couldn't get with the yellow.

4. teddy12b

teddy12b Well-Known Member

The brass was a stopper for me too. I like nice looking guns, but I don't want to be th guy who gets one all banged up. They just look too nice and flashy for a hunting rifle for my tastes.

5. smithy 75

smithy 75 Member

Thank you for all ur comments.gun)