HELP-??Would you buy FirstLite CAMO MERINO WOOL-top layers only

T3-OleMan

ASAP=Please HELP on this-For ELK at 10,00' black forest & lower open pines- so I can decide to order before my size is gone, Thanks and talk me out of it if you would not buy MERINO WOOL from "FirstLite"!!!!! (or ASAT)
1. Always wanted good ASAT outfit ........only - FirstLite
2. Get ASAT - just not FirstLite
3. Don't get ASAT.....
4. Get MERINO WOOL from "FirstLite " in MossyOak
5. Don't get FirstLite.....

Thank ye, Thank ye, Thank ye,:D

Last edited:
Never hered of it.
We all wear Filson or Pendelton Wool at our huntin camp.
Looks like the old Winchester & Remington posters. Everybody in thier red & black checkered Double Mac's or Timber Cruiser Shirt-Jack's. We roll old school, but id only buy top notch high quality wool. If that stuff your lookin at is top notch, then go for it.
I'd read reviews if it were me, cause Ive never hered of it. Where as Filson, & Pendelton have been around for ever. But maybe I haven't hered of it cause its new? Could be good stuff.

I'd buy merino wool uppers from whoever I could get it from. Best thing to happen to long-handles ever. As long as it's smooth enough to be non-itch, you're good to go. Kind of a Redneck scientific experiment lightbulb but my experience this deer season: wore merino (KUIU) for ten days including a couple of backpack trips without washing and without stink. Coyote season: wore it all winter for my coyotye hunting without washing it--no stink. Amazing stuff. Can't vouch for First-lite but KUIU and Smartwool is excellent. Good luck. :D

I purchased 2 complete sets of Johnson Woolens-VT (Red /Black) back in the 1980s. Wore mine out and still got Dads'. That durn Macaknaw weithts 40lbs when it is wet, but it was warm. Being old and weak now days looking for light weight-high tech stuff and was thinking about the ASAT camo.

I will look up the Filson -Pendelton - KUIU and Smartwool.. I also use merino wool long johns and agree on they will go a week – if need be!:rolleyes: Thanks

Any coments on get or don't get ASAT camo?

I have the asat leafy suit. It is usually 75 degrees in south bama in november still with skeeters still out. It looks goofy, but it works. First light is top notch, according to stuff I've read on archerytalk

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.