HELP! With new sight selection.

R.C.Saul

I'm wanting to upgrade my sight. Looking to shoot to 100 yards, but want a sight with more than 5 fine pins (0.10 or 0.19). Any recommendations? I have a Mathews DXT set at 70 lbs with a 28in draw. Current sight is a tru glo micro adjust 5 pin set at 20-60yards.

Ive always been a Truglow fan. What fps does your bow currently shoot? (285-290ish?maybe a little faster?) do you have enough adjustment and speed to just put your first pin at 40yds, and go with a 6 pin sight in 10 yd incroments? Or will you have to go with a single pin adjustable due to speed and lack of adjustment room? Guess it kinda depends on arrow wt and speed for how much adjustment a guy has to work with, and still be able to get your sweet spot for paper tuning as a base line to start with.

Im shooting gold tip 7595 with 100gr rage 2 blades. 28 inch shaft. Thanks for the replies. I'll check them out.

I went with the sure loc single pin sight. with a 400 grain arrow at 69 lbs, shooting approx 272 fps i was able to shoot out to 120. at that point my scope housing was 1/4" above my arrow. i just got a new bow and i have enough clearance to shoot out to 150. (not claiming i can hit anything, but i could shoot it!) approx 365 grain arrow at 321 fps. i shot one at 140 the other night just for fun.

I have two of those really big round bales side by side!

anyway, I use the sureloc sight and i put an hha scope housing on it because i liked them better. sureloc let me order the sight without a housing to save me some money.

last thing is i have the archery advantage program. its like the exbal for your bow. you input the arrow data, height to peep, etc, then shoot at 20 and 80 or 20 and 60. the further the better as long as you can group. then you measure with calipers the distance between the two marks and you can print out a tape to put on your sight. it works awesome. when i am shooting, i shoot at 120 almost every night. it helps because you can really tell if your form is off at all, and then going to 60 seems like cheating!

Please note that I am only saying i shoot at these distances for fun.

check out surelocs website, you get alot more distance out of these than say the hha. i only got approx 80 from it.

good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.