Help with Bedding Actions.....

drenner43

I've got several rifles I'd like to have the actions bedded on. 3 Rugers and 2 Weatherby MK5 Accumarks. Being that I have several I'd like to have done and will have more in the future, I thought maybe I'd learn to do it myself.

Is it very hard to do?
Can you really mess anything up beyond fixing?
Anybody have any good instructions/info/suggestions on doing this with these rifles? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

daniel

the search button is your friend. . .

Look under my screen name or my old one, "nesikachad" and you'll get quite a bit on how I do it.

Good luck.

C

I searched and couldn't really find anything on it...but i'll look under your name too. Thanks

Take a look here:

Stress-Free Pillar Bedding

Here:

Botched Bedding Jobs: How to Spot Common Mistakes

and here:

Bedding Project - Sniper's Hide Forums

as well as with Ernie here:
Trigger Springs|Aluminum Pillar|Pillar Bedding|Gunsmithing
and Ernie here:
Trigger Springs|Aluminum Pillar|Pillar Bedding|Gunsmithing

Reading these links will help you figure it out and avoid problems.

I just received the DVD from Richard (first link) a couple of weeks ago and am about halfway through watching it. I, too, have a few Weatherbys and a Remington Sendero to do and plan on using Ernie's trigger springs and Accu-Risers when I bed them.

Also....should I pillar bed while I'm doing it? I found Callahan Pillar bedding columns at Midway for the Rugers. I believe the Accumark has an aluminum bedding block?

It's already got pillars, you don't need to "pillar bed" by adding any more.

Follwo the links to Ernie's and read about his AccuRisers and also his detailed description, with pictures, on how to install them. They help support your rifle on the pillars that the stock already has installed.

Also....should I pillar bed while I'm doing it? I found Callahan Pillar bedding columns at Midway for the Rugers. I believe the Accumark has an aluminum bedding block?

You "really" need to read the links furnished as the "next" order of business. Once you have been through them you will know enough to know what you don't know. :) Bedding isn't rocket science, but it is a bit fussy. Knowing the goal (stress free), basic procedure steps, and what to fuss about is the key to success - you can get both from Richard Franklin's and Darrel Holland's bedding videos.

I have and recommend them both, but if I had to choose one of them I'd get Richard Franklin's.

Fitch

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.