help with 204 reloading

kingdad

HI guy's Just joined the board .have been lurking quit a bit .
so thought i would join in.
I live in jackson MI. I hunt and shoot with my 9 year old son ( brandon AKA ZAC) he and i have been hunting coyoate with 17 hmr.
santa was good to us this year and brought us both 204 rugers
So i'm going to start reloading them. was hopeing to to hit you guys up
for some help? My GF has given me a lee press kit and dies
Will be geting a RCBS soon. I'm not a complete Dumby have reloaded shootgun shells for 20 years or more . tried the search but did not find any 204 loading data . Help!
Look foword to talking to you all....Mark
progress.gif

Check out Home of 204Ruger.com and RugerHunting.com!, and look at the forums. There is a section for 204 loading, with many loads listed. I am burning Reloder-10x, around 24.8 gr (Sierra lists 25.1 as max), with a 39gr Sierra Blitzking, Federal 205M primers, Hornady brass. I neck size, and have an COL of 2.26". This is a consistent .1-.2 load with velocity around 3800 fps. Its hard to beat the BC of the 39gr Blitzking.

Thanks guys that was just what i was looking for.
Magman I ran search but didn't come with all that info thanks again
Visigoth, I will check the links from home. i'm at work now and they have them blocked

Kingdad if you do an advanced search by "title" only and put whatever you're looking for in "quotes" you should find what you need.

On bullet choice .. My buddy and I both have 204s and he shoots 32gr@4075fps and I shoot the 40gr@3850 fps both Hornady Factory Ammo.. @ 400 yards his drop is 12 inches lower even though he is 300fps faster...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.