Help w/ .30-378 WBY loads please

Team ShadowRidge

I am semi new to reloading and have been playing with my .30-378 weatherby with a Christensen arms barrel w/ 1:10 twist
Ive had good luck with the following loads

95gr Retumbo w/ 200gr SMK
89gr IMR 7828 SSC w/ 200 barnesTSX
97gr Retumbo w/ 225 Hornady match

I enjoy target shooting but the gun is for sheep/moose/bear hunting so my go to round is the TSX right now. Does anyone have any data or help with other load combinations? Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Herb

Get a 230 Berger in that beast and watch your efficiency go up. I have worked a lot in the past with the 30-378. It was not untill the release of the 230 Bergers and seeing what they will do that my interest has come back to the large cased 30's. Just finished 3 days in the montains watching a 30-338 LM with them and the rifle shot very very well to 1800 yards.

Fed 215 primers and H-1000. Go for it.!

We have also been using the 230 Berger on game and so has Bob Beck .
Have taken Elk , both cows and Bulls , deer and antelope. We have both experienced the same results fron 300 to 1000 yards. The game is dead before it hits the ground.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply! I will try the bergers for sure, Do you recommend any other powders? Right now Retumbo has been my go to powder, what difference is there mainly between H-1000 and Retumbo? Ive been trying H50BMG as well but didnt have as good as luck.
Also do you think my hornady 225's will be okay for now? I am a college student living in Alaska so im kind of reloading on a budget but i wanted to give the 240gr SMK a try as well

Again any help is much appreciated!

Thanks, Herb

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.