HELP!! swival stud issues

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 4xforfun, Oct 27, 2011.

1. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I guess the issue is is that I lost the ones off of my hunting gun. Mid 90s Remington Sendaro and a mid 90s remington Varment synthetic. They are the same, as I do have one set that fit both guns. I had gotten a set from Bronells. I visited with them a bit about them before I placed the order. I told them I thought that the ones I needed were differant than the ones I had seen on thier website. He sad I was mistaken...they are all the same...we have lots...here, buy these. So I did. I don't even need to open the bag to know that they are NOT RIGHT.

Does anyond have a sorce for them, or a part number, or some for sale??? Season starts next Friday, and I am desperate!!!!

Thanks,
    Tod

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Any screw in stud swivel replacement should work.

What I did on mine though was get the bigger ones that are tapped in, and use the qd release mounts.

3. 4xforfun

That is what the Bronells guy said, also......trust me....they don't. I have several differant studs lying around...the studs on the sendero have a slightly corser thread than any of the others I have around. I'm not talking corser like a wood screw thread....just a little corser than all the others I have lying around, and they DO NOT WORK.

4. WildRose

I pulled one out of my .300 Rum and looked at it. They appear to be about a 3/16x24 thread.

I believe McMillan makes the Sendero Stock so call them or call Remington and they should be able to help you.

5. 4xforfun

Just went back into the parts bin....the studs that everyone says should work is a metric 5mm x .80 pitch. The 5mm nut screws right on. The studs for my sendaro look like SAE threads, but I do not have anything that small in parts room to check it against.

Anyone???

6. 4xforfun

Not McMillan...they are made by ...CHIT....I can't remember......It starts with an H I believe.

God, it's hell getting old. :D

7. WildRose

Here's how I rigged mine. Not only does it make the sling more practical when using it to steady up for a shot, the rifle is far more comfortable and secure when slung flat against your back.

Attached Files:

8. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

The Sendero stocks are made by H-S Precision.

It seems that they changed their thread pitch for their swivel studs two years ago. So stocks older than two years require one type, while newer stocks require a different type. Call them and they will send you the studs for the right type of stock.

©H-S PRECISION, INC.
    1301 TURBINE DRIVE,
    RAPID CITY, SD 57703
    (605) 341-3006 TEL
    (605) 342-8964 FAX

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. WildRose

HS Precision?

Remington agrees with you.

To the poster above Remington says call HS Precision.

If you can't get one in time let me know I can loan you one till you get a replacement since I have two senderos here and won't be using the rear stud on either.

10. 4xforfun

JOB DONE!!!

I contacted H-S and they are mailing me two sets in the AM!!!!

Thanks guys!!:D

11. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

When I read this post I had 3 Sendero swivel studs in my pocket where I've been shooting my 7 RUM off a bench rest. I took one and screwed it into a thread gauge. The thread size is 10-32 and the threads are 7/8" long. Just specify that when you purchase new ones.