HELP!! swival stud issues

4xforfun

I guess the issue is is that I lost the ones off of my hunting gun. Mid 90s Remington Sendaro and a mid 90s remington Varment synthetic. They are the same, as I do have one set that fit both guns. I had gotten a set from Bronells. I visited with them a bit about them before I placed the order. I told them I thought that the ones I needed were differant than the ones I had seen on thier website. He sad I was mistaken...they are all the same...we have lots...here, buy these. So I did. I don't even need to open the bag to know that they are NOT RIGHT.

Does anyond have a sorce for them, or a part number, or some for sale??? Season starts next Friday, and I am desperate!!!!

Thanks,
Tod

Last edited:
Any screw in stud swivel replacement should work.

What I did on mine though was get the bigger ones that are tapped in, and use the qd release mounts.

That is what the Bronells guy said, also......trust me....they don't. I have several differant studs lying around...the studs on the sendero have a slightly corser thread than any of the others I have around. I'm not talking corser like a wood screw thread....just a little corser than all the others I have lying around, and they DO NOT WORK.

That is what the Bronells guy said, also......trust me....they don't. I have several differant studs lying around...the studs on the sendero have a slightly corser thread than any of the others I have around. I'm not talking corser like a wood screw thread....just a little corser than all the others I have lying around, and they DO NOT WORK.
I pulled one out of my .300 Rum and looked at it. They appear to be about a 3/16x24 thread.

I believe McMillan makes the Sendero Stock so call them or call Remington and they should be able to help you.

Just went back into the parts bin....the studs that everyone says should work is a metric 5mm x .80 pitch. The 5mm nut screws right on. The studs for my sendaro look like SAE threads, but I do not have anything that small in parts room to check it against.

Anyone???

I pulled one out of my .300 Rum and looked at it. They appear to be about a 3/16x24 thread.

I believe McMillan makes the Sendero Stock so call them or call Remington and they should be able to help you.

Not McMillan...they are made by ...CHIT....I can't remember......It starts with an H I believe.

God, it's hell getting old. :D

Here's how I rigged mine. Not only does it make the sling more practical when using it to steady up for a shot, the rifle is far more comfortable and secure when slung flat against your back.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 119
The Sendero stocks are made by H-S Precision.

It seems that they changed their thread pitch for their swivel studs two years ago. So stocks older than two years require one type, while newer stocks require a different type. Call them and they will send you the studs for the right type of stock.

©H-S PRECISION, INC.
1301 TURBINE DRIVE,
RAPID CITY, SD 57703
(605) 341-3006 TEL
(605) 342-8964 FAX

Last edited:
Not McMillan...they are made by ...CHIT....I can't remember......It starts with an H I believe.

God, it's hell getting old. :D
HS Precision?

Remington agrees with you.

To the poster above Remington says call HS Precision.

If you can't get one in time let me know I can loan you one till you get a replacement since I have two senderos here and won't be using the rear stud on either.

The Sendero stocks are made by H-S Precision.

It seems that they changed their thread pitch for their swivel studs two years ago. So stocks older than two years require one type, while newer stocks require a different type. Call them and they will send you the studs for the right type of stock.

©H-S PRECISION, INC.
1301 TURBINE DRIVE,
RAPID CITY, SD 57703
(605) 341-3006 TEL
(605) 342-8964 FAX

JOB DONE!!!

I contacted H-S and they are mailing me two sets in the AM!!!!

Thanks guys!!:D

When I read this post I had 3 Sendero swivel studs in my pocket where I've been shooting my 7 RUM off a bench rest. I took one and screwed it into a thread gauge. The thread size is 10-32 and the threads are 7/8" long. Just specify that when you purchase new ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.