help reloading for 6X47lapua

blipelt

SSG and Joel Russo are building me my new f-class. Actually my first f-class in a 6x47lapua. I am wondering trim length of cases and some loads to start out with. 105 amax? Some help sure would be appreciated.

blipelt

I would suggest either the 115 dtacs or berger vlds running around 3000 (depending on barrel length I am running nearly 3150 with a 28inch tube) using vv560 and win primers. I cant recall what I am using as trim length if it ever stops raining I may run out to the shop and get that info if someone else doesnt post it.

Eddybo-
Have you used the Federal 205M primers in the 6X47? The reason I ask, is that I like the match primers in my other cartridges and I found some 205M's today and I may want to pick 'em up before they go extinct again around here :)

I would pick em up. Some reccomend the cci 450s but I didnt see any improvement over the win small rifle primers I am shooting in the 6-6.5x47. I did find that my 6.5x47 shooting 123s really likes the 450s.

Yeah, I would dare say that the most common primer that I have noticed in the forums for the 6X47 L has been the CCI 450's, but for the life of me, I can't find those and I don't really want to pay the extra $20 hazard fee for ordering on-line and having them shipped.

plib
i dont know that i want to help yo with this load because that means that i will be shooting against you and nate form ssg next week end at the match. im just kidding i have found h4350 and vv560. the amax was shooting better with the h4350. you should give me a call and we can shoot together. nates also build my 6x47 lapua. this has become a very popular caliber he built my in january and now is finishing his 3rd. good luck are you shooting the match this week end.

tjonh2001

6x47 won't be ready for quite awhile. I will be using 7wsm. You bet we can shoot anytime. I have a portable target and keys to the range here in moffit. Just getting started on the long range thing and computers I have been away for about ten years.

blipelt

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.