Help Promote LongRangeHunting.com

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
In the Canaries In A Mine thread some of you seemed to be asking how you could help around the site. I just thought of a way.

(I know I must be trying your patience by asking you to read another thread. I promise to take a break after this one)

AJ Peacock sent me an email mentioning that we are probably getting more traffic here because of a recent post over on Benchrest Central. In it someone started a thread about one of the new articles on this site and he included a link to the article. A discussion ensued over there about its topic.

Below is a screenprint of a graph showing the exact amount of traffic we get from Benchrest Central. We always get some but when that thread was posted there was a huge spike. As you can see, during the last month we got almost 1,000 visits, half of which was from the article.

br-article-screenshot.jpg

Some of you belong to 5 or more other outdoor sites. Talk us up on those sites, with a link back to here, whenever it would seem natural to do so.

In your signatures on those other sites, consider placing a LongRangeHunting.com link. Some sites have rules against that so be sensitive. We don't want to create ill will.

Let me know by email if you see an interesting thread on another site that links back to us (like above). I'll post the resulting traffic graph to demonstrate its effectiveness.

One more idea for promotion is member referrals. If you meet someone who would fit in well with us on this site, ask them to come on over and sign up. When they register, tell them to use your screen name as the "referrer" source.

referral.jpg

Last edited:
I think we got a few members from a Special Forces forum that I am a member of and we got a few from Quantico F-class where there were a couple of amateurs just like me who were there just to hone their deer shooting skills. They were amazed that there was a whole forum dedicated just to doing what they were trying to learn how to do on their own.

Great site

Thanks Len, from Salem, Oreegun. I look at 6-7 shooting sites daily and this one stands out as being well above average in participation, content and webmaster oversite.
You deserve a truckload of kudos.
Art

Last edited:
I'll be glad to Len. I was refered by Old Bear, and later by GoodGrouper. Fantastic bunch of people on here!

Len, I'm a member of predator masters, huntingnet, midwest predator masters and a few others, and I send folks here when I can.
RR

Hell Len,

If I remember correctly, it was THIS sight that led me to some others!

West Coast Tactical, Snipers-Hide, etc. etc.

I think I started by wanting to hit some elk out there past 500 yards, which some local friends led me to the first above sight, then so on and so on.

But our first love brings us back, HUNTING! A few of us have discussed that....no matter what, we always come back to Hunting.

Hi Len,
I will, and also I was guiding lots of people to go and get value info from Longrangehunting.com all the time. Some of them are here another on the way.

Chris.

I think Reatree and HuntingResource.com both disallow members from posting links to other forum sites in trhe signature of a post. I know the stickthrowers hate us long range hunters for sure...and I LIKE IT !!!

Congrats Len.

I am not a huge poster here but, I wanted to through my .02 in here.

First, I love the site and I come here when I can.

I am getting a little tired of EVERY time I log in I am forced to go to a particular thread. I understand occasionally using that tool but, the last several times I am forced to go somewhere or look at something.

I think it has to be aggrevating to a lot of people. I usually am pressed for time somewhat just to surf and then it takes extra long to go to a different thread and read it as well.

You have great ideas but, trying to force people to link from other sites is going a little far.

I am very familiar with wanting page hits for your sponsors and its even more important if you are selling to google or someone like that but, I think you are trying to force it too much too fast.

Once again, I will link here when I can and I love to support the site but, don't go overboard with this please!!!!

Quzilla, thanks for being candid. That's what I have been asking for. I will record your vote and consider it.

Len,
I ask for a post I have been running on another site to help some people that are fighting for our freedom get some very much items need that will help in there job's in the middle east .I was turned down. That was not an advertisement from the company that opened there doors to take donations. So if we and or I able to post LRH on other sites will we be aloud to post there site here(not advertisements but forums). To me this would be only fair. The (right hand works with left hand)

Thanks BD

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.