Help now please 7mm RUM Free bore?

bsb

Just got 7mm rum sendero sfII put bullet in shell just barely to hold it maybe in shell 1/16" close bolt and the bullet does not go in the case any, does these things have free bore or what? I have 7mm mag and 300 rum and neither one of them the bullet would stay out. Help asap Thanks

Ok just shot 1 1/16" 4 shot group at 200 yrds 3.87 ocl I am shooting as we post.

speed bump as of now 18 shots hope that is not too many to take out the rifleing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif just got off phone with remington and he said they do not recommend no reloads through there guns
DU wonder why? he said it does not surprise him that there is that much free bore I am using 168 bergers they are long,
I put them in case barely close bolt and they do not seat in case at all I thought I had a remington not another weatherby. The gun does shoot good tho got rained out yesterday with 18 through it. mayby the 7mm ultrus has this much freebore to relieve the pressure.

Mine has a custom chamber, with a reamer I spec'd myself before 7mmRUM was a factory offering. I measure seating depth with a Stoney Point Comparator. Definitely NO freebore there, but I do have to chase the lands regularly.

Unless you want a custom chamber, I guess you'll have to make do with that extremely long jump ! Sucks, huh? You might get a tad closer with a Sierra 175MK, but if it's shooting good now, don't fix what ain't broke!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.