Help needed in MDWFP fourms!

WOW! I didn't realize that people attempting to "Shoot" ducks were not really hunters:confused:....I learned a lot from that thread! Nor did I realize that my September dove hunts were really just "shoots". Did I need a hunting license since I was "not hunting"?

I'd like to see a live debate between him and Kirby!:D I'd pay good money for that!

I think your doing very well, It seams to me you have already turned the tide, but there are always going to be people who are going to be ***. when it comes to things they can't do.

we've all read this type of debate. my question for these "get the game close" guys is...how much skill does it take, to kill a deer, at 60 yards, with a modern centerfire rifle. most of the time they're in a blind or treestand and the deer comes walking by. i understand archery is a different story. but most deer are shot under 100 yards with a scoped rifle from a stationary position. not much hunting skill involved in my opinion.

Everyone is intiled to their own oppenion, but when hunters start tearing down others style of hunting they are only giveing ammo to anti hunting groups. Yes it is simple to take an animal that is within the max. point blank range of the gun and alot of people think that getting as close as you can to the animal befor you take it is what hunting is all about. Others think that takeing game at long ranges is where the changle is. I have no problem with that as long as the hunters stay within the range that they can kill effectively. With a good range finder and wind meter a 500 yrd. shot on a deer is not that hard if you know your weapon and practice alittle. To go to the field with a .30-30 with iron sights and start shooting at a deer at that range definately would not be sprotsman like though.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.