Help Me Pick a Bipod

Most Popular Height of Bipods

• Total voters
Well I finally ordered my bipod. I went with the 6-9" swivel model with leg notches. It will be here today (along with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 with target turrets and Badger 20moa base and rings :D) I just got a Savage 10FP .308 on Monday and I can't wait to get it to the range. gun)

Bipod Purchase

Well I finally ordered my bipod. I went with the 6-9" swivel model with leg notches. It will be here today (along with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 with target turrets and Badger 20moa base and rings :D) I just got a Savage 10FP .308 on Monday and I can't wait to get it to the range. gun)

Ah, you will be a happy shooter for sure!:)

I'd be interested in how you go with the swivel as I'm considering that model next. (I already have the leg notches and I actually like them). Post up some pictures of your Savage - what are the specs? You can see my Savage in the new members section.

Cheers.

I just bought the swivel lock for my bipod. I think it is the way to go. You get the best of both worlds. It is easy to install and works great. I will put it on all my swivel bipods.

I've got an unbraked 300RUM that always shortens the right side leg on my friction leg lock bipod. Not very fun for a quick follow up shot. I just bought the Harris S pod with leg notches and haven't had a chance to try it out, but as hard as I crank on the knob, it seems that it still swivels pretty easily. Easily enough that my guess is that my rifle will just pivot on this arangement when it fires and I'll just have something else to adjust. Does the Pod Lock tighten down enough to keep this from happening by truly locking the swivel mechanism?

Thanks all.

I shoot a 338 Lapua with a brake. I can tighten the lock a lot tighter with the pod lock. I can make a easy follow up shot. I think it should work for you. It is only $38.75 with shipping included.gun)

Notched legs & Pod-Loks are a given for me now-Works best for me.
Another add-on I have been using more is the Pod-Paws

I have neve actually used "the pod lock" but just got two of the T-nuts bipod locks and seem to work great so far. I got two for a little under $20 shipped to my house. I happened to find this article ( Western Shooter - Online Shooting Magazine: T-Nuts.Com Bipod Lock )and figured i would try them considering i am new and on a tight budget. I got one of the metal stainless and one of the nylon stainless on their website t-nuts.com
Hope this helps.

Harris leg-notch canting model 9-13". You can knock it down to 9" and shoot fine prone, and if you need the extra height you have 4". If you are primarily shooting off a bench tho, go with the 6-9".;)

gun)Savage LRPV 22-250 + VXIII 6.5-20x50LR = <.25"@100

harris notched 6 to 9" swivel havent had the oppertuneaty to use it hunting but it is there and ready

I like the 9-13" and have taken advantage of the extra height on a couple shots. The pod-loc is an essential addition. Not sure I understand the logic of not having a swiveling model. The ground is rarely flat and almost never horizontal. I get the legs as close as possible to make the reticle level but then rely on unlocking, setting and locking the pod-loc.

the 1 I got has a locking tension screw that WILL hold on a kant seams to work good when I was sighting in in the woods I needed that swivle and yes a little longer would be nice for me I wished thay made a 7" by 10"

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.