Help me fit my pack

melsdad

I just got my Eberlestock J34 pack on Friday. So far I am very pleased with the purchase judging by the quality of materials and a construction! I want to thank all those that helped me make this decision in my "X1 for packing a deer" thread. Now I have a few questions.

1) How should the shoulder straps ride on the top of your shoulders?

With the waste belt properly adjusted and looking at the pack from the side should the straps come over your shoulder to the pack parallel to the ground, or should they wrap over your shoulder slightly towards the ground, or should they angle upwards?

2) Should the aluminum frame stays be bent?

Should the pack fit exactly to the curve of your back, or is this more of a personal preference adjustment?

Thanks alot Snubbie! That is exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how I missed that.

You're welcome. After posting this, I watched the video again...and the video demonstration on the J-34 page.

I've re-ignited the lust I have for a J-34! I have the X-1 and want, no, NEED a J-34!

Hey Santa...Are you reading this?!?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.