HELP!!! Horus Vison Hawk or Zeiss 3x9 rapid z 600?

albertakid

Have made my mind up on either a horus vision hawk 3-12 x50
or a zeiss 3-9x40 rapid z 600 just can't decide between the two anyone want to help shift me one way or the other? And no I cant afford a nightforce or I would own one :D

Jordan

I have the HAWK and I am happy with it for the price. I have it mounted on my 300 win mag at present and have only used it on that platform out to 200yds for load development so far. I did use it with great sucess on my M1A out to 750yds. I used the provided software and was able to engage man sized targets with ease.

I hope this helps you a little they are made by HAKO of JAPAN and the glass is veary clear I am happy with mine. I love the grid some people don"t. I think with a 200 yard zero I can push the 300 win mag out to 1200+ yards on the grid I was limited to less than 1000 with the 308 win.

Jon

You can shoot the horus vision at any power, Zeiss has to be on max power in order for the reticle to be effective. This is because of the focal plane issue. Horus focal plane is in the front, Zeiss focal plan is on the rear.

Personnaly the glass on the hawk wasn't clear enough for me beyond 600 yards, but it was pretty good under 600 yards. Horus Vision told me the problem was it didn't have a side parralax like the raptor and falcon model. The hawk model is still most definitely capable of 1000+ yard shots.

I often use the turret on the raptor model and has been repeatable. Nice to have turret and H25 Reticle. Farther shots can be achieved.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.