Help! Got Schmit Bender! Dont know how to use

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by gilmillan1, Sep 23, 2013.

1. gilmillan1

gilmillan1 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I recently acquired a schmit bender scope. its the 4-16x50 PMII LP P4F. The scope indicates that each click is 1cm, but I do not know how to use this system.

I am very familiar with MOA systems, but this scope uses a system that applies meters for distance and centimeters for adjustments.

I dont know how to determine an adjustment if I will do a shot at 700 meters when the scope is zeroed at 100 meters.

can someone explain me how to use it? please

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Ah the metric system simple yet confusing, every measurement can be directly converted. cm="centi" or 100 and there are 2.54 centimeters in one inch, one hundred centimeters equals one meter. = My advice is to erase the English system from your mind in order to use the optic.

3. tiggre

tiggre Member

Maybe stupid but try this

Ballistics - Norma

First try the us and then metric and enter your BC / speed?

If you make a ballistic table/chart it is simple. I make one in MOA for a friend who is metric only - he shoots great now :)

4. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Forget the cm, your turrets match your reticle. They are both in mils.

5. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

1 millimeter is .0397 ( about .040)
    1 centimeter is .397 ( or just a tad less that .40 inches)

I always refer to them as ".040" and "4 tenths"

6. window licker

window licker Well-Known Member

a click is a centimeter at 100 METERS, the same click is 1/10th of a mil at 100 YARDS.

7. Bullet bumper

Bullet bumper Well-Known Member

1 MOA at 100 yards = 2.5 cm , 2.5 clicks
    so if you wanted to move 8 MOA on the scope . 8 x 2.5 = 20 clicks .
    Just multiply all your MOA requirments by 2.5 and round out.

8. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Why try to convert it to MOA? He has a very expensive piece of equipment (one of the best) that is in mils. It's a system, adjustments and reticle are in mils. Learn to use mils... Why try to add confusion? All you hear about is how guys want everything to match, and when they do even that isn't good enough. I've got an idea, lets complicate things.:cool:

If you don't like it, sell it to me for what it's worth to you...next to nothing.:D

9. window licker

window licker Well-Known Member

a centimeter is a unit of measurement where as a mil is an angle, Run your dope in mils and your distance in yards or meters and you will have no problems, it doesnt matter what scope you have, a mil is a miland an moa is an moa, with both your dealing with angle just using a different scale. forget inches and centimeters. I have a 4-16x42 pm 2 with moa adjustments and a mil reticle, I run the drop moa and the windage with the reticle in mils they are both doing the same thing just going about it differently.

10. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Why?

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Oh my, my head hurts. :)

Jeff

12. gilmillan1

gilmillan1 Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone foe their input but I think a simple comment just brought me to light. It is a scope that measures in mils! I didnt know that. Once I realized that, it only means that I need to check my shooter app and voila, I have my dope! thank you all

13. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Me, I'd toss it in the garbage and get an MOA scope.

Just tell me where and when you put out the garbage..............:)

14. Bullet bumper

Bullet bumper Well-Known Member

Because that's what he asked for ! If he had of asked how to use it in mils then he would have got that answer .