Help! Got Schmit Bender! Dont know how to use

gilmillan1

Hello,

I recently acquired a schmit bender scope. its the 4-16x50 PMII LP P4F. The scope indicates that each click is 1cm, but I do not know how to use this system.

I am very familiar with MOA systems, but this scope uses a system that applies meters for distance and centimeters for adjustments.

I dont know how to determine an adjustment if I will do a shot at 700 meters when the scope is zeroed at 100 meters.

can someone explain me how to use it? please

Hello,

I recently acquired a schmit bender scope. its the 4-16x50 PMII LP P4F. The scope indicates that each click is 1cm, but I do not know how to use this system.

I am very familiar with MOA systems, but this scope uses a system that applies meters for distance and centimeters for adjustments.

I dont know how to determine an adjustment if I will do a shot at 700 meters when the scope is zeroed at 100 meters.

can someone explain me how to use it? please

Ah the metric system simple yet confusing, every measurement can be directly converted. cm="centi" or 100 and there are 2.54 centimeters in one inch, one hundred centimeters equals one meter. = My advice is to erase the English system from your mind in order to use the optic.

Maybe stupid but try this

Ballistics - Norma

First try the us and then metric and enter your BC / speed?

If you make a ballistic table/chart it is simple. I make one in MOA for a friend who is metric only - he shoots great now :)

1 millimeter is .0397 ( about .040)
1 centimeter is .397 ( or just a tad less that .40 inches)

I always refer to them as ".040" and "4 tenths"

1 MOA at 100 yards = 2.5 cm , 2.5 clicks
so if you wanted to move 8 MOA on the scope . 8 x 2.5 = 20 clicks .
Just multiply all your MOA requirments by 2.5 and round out.

Why try to convert it to MOA? He has a very expensive piece of equipment (one of the best) that is in mils. It's a system, adjustments and reticle are in mils. Learn to use mils... Why try to add confusion? All you hear about is how guys want everything to match, and when they do even that isn't good enough. I've got an idea, lets complicate things.:cool:

If you don't like it, sell it to me for what it's worth to you...next to nothing.:D

a centimeter is a unit of measurement where as a mil is an angle, Run your dope in mils and your distance in yards or meters and you will have no problems, it doesnt matter what scope you have, a mil is a miland an moa is an moa, with both your dealing with angle just using a different scale. forget inches and centimeters. I have a 4-16x42 pm 2 with moa adjustments and a mil reticle, I run the drop moa and the windage with the reticle in mils they are both doing the same thing just going about it differently.

I want to thank everyone foe their input but I think a simple comment just brought me to light. It is a scope that measures in mils! I didnt know that. Once I realized that, it only means that I need to check my shooter app and voila, I have my dope! thank you all

Why try to convert it to MOA? He has a very expensive piece of equipment (one of the best) that is in mils. It's a system, adjustments and reticle are in mils. Learn to use mils... Why try to add confusion? All you hear about is how guys want everything to match, and when they do even that isn't good enough. I've got an idea, lets complicate things.:cool:

If you don't like it, sell it to me for what it's worth to you...next to nothing.:D

Because that's what he asked for ! If he had of asked how to use it in mils then he would have got that answer .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.