Help!!! Finding Brass 7mm STW!!!

New to the forum
I recently started building my first STW
It is a winchester with a HS precision stock and just had it cerakoted
Looking for some help finding brass please help!
gun)gun)gun)

Attachments

• IMG_6601.JPG
    IMG_6601.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6602.JPG
    IMG_6602.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to the forum!

Your best bet right now is to neck down and blow out 375 h@h brass. Midway has remmy 375 brass in stock and it's even on sale.:D

Remington Reloading Brass 375 H&H Mag

It seems proper headstamp 7stw brass is very rare these days. I've tried to help a few guys out who needed brass selling it at cost to me plus shipping when my local shops had it, but they are out and can't get me any. Even the Nosler stuff seems to have dried up lately, though you may be able to find a bit if you wait and watch. Spendy, but proper headstamp if you care about that.

Hey thanks for the help and quick response. I just ordered the 375 brass.
I'm using a lee pacesetter die. Any suggestions what to use when necking down the brass as far as methods and lubrication?

Read a little about it but always open for more info.

Any suggestions on labeling the brass to keep from getting rounds mixed up?

Glad to be part of the forum thanks for the warm welcome sorry if I ask any already answered threads.

Look forward to more help thanks!!!!

Nice looking rig. Reminds me of my SharpShooter.

We have a reloading forum here and I'll bet you can get more answers there than you can even use LOL.

I've used Hornady, Lee, and RCBS case lubes in the past. I like using a thin sponge with the spray or liquid and just roll the brass over it.

Hey thanks for the help and quick response. I just ordered the 375 brass.
I'm using a lee pacesetter die. Any suggestions what to use when necking down the brass as far as methods and lubrication?

Read a little about it but always open for more info.

Any suggestions on labeling the brass to keep from getting rounds mixed up?

Glad to be part of the forum thanks for the warm welcome sorry if I ask any already answered threads.

Look forward to more help thanks!!!!

I'd neck to 338 or 30 first as a mid step.
I'd also use a lube with a bit of body as wildrose has said.
You won't be able to get this brass in a 375 after the form, so I'd load and label the box as usual.
You will likely have to pre-trim to square and then trim to square and length after the fireform.
I've fireformed my brass with lighter loads of 4831 and 120's and it did fine; you don't necessarily have to jamb a bullet here as the belt will headspace too, but it will help as to brass flow/ stretch while forming so you may want to use a bit heavier pill and find the lands.

There was 400 rounds of 7 STW for sale at my local range Sunday for 75 bucks. I didn't get the number on the bulletin board, but could steer someone that way if interested. Don't know any info on firings or if they are still available. I should have paid more attention. mtmuley

There was 400 rounds of 7 STW for sale at my local range Sunday for 75 bucks. I didn't get the number on the bulletin board, but could steer someone that way if interested. Don't know any info on firings or if they are still available. I should have paid more attention. mtmuley

If it's low shot count I'm sure someone here will be interested:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.