HELP defenders.org (save the wolves)

lazylabs

I was a little surprised to see a pop-up ad for the defenders.org on this site. I did follow the link and found it very helpful. If you click on the act now and take action buttons it will get you to a very nice form that you can use to send your feedback to the legislators working the issue. They have a canned statement saved in that urges them to save the poor wolves from those **** hunters. It is very easy to delete those statements and add a more personal message in there. It makes emailing your wishes to the correct people very easy. Have FUN guys!

I did the same - altered the message to support the current proposal and encourage wildlife management on the state level.

:D

FYI

That ad no doubt comes in on Google where I have little control.

But , hey, have fun with it!

Good stuff. I'll try to get one next year; I'm in Iraq and I wish I could shoot these golden jackels, they're everywhere! Foxes too.

FYI

That ad no doubt comes in on Google where I have little control.

But , hey, have fun with it!

Here you go - have fun:

OK, Google is our friend.

Alright boys and girls, be sure to CHANGE the letter to your congressman and have fun!

Wyoming specific:
https://secure.defenders.org/site/A...9&s_src=3WDW1201AHTXX&s_subsrc=101411_web_hp1

National Forest specific:
https://secure.defenders.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2250

I hate to ruin it for eveybody, but even if we state what we really believe on their site. All is does is chalk up another response for them. The content usually doesn't even get read, but you will get counted as one of the wolf lovers because you've posted on their site (most of them go by number of hits, not what the content was). If you really want to be heard by the Sentators etc, (and I whole heartedly advise you to do this one) write a letter with a pen and paper and mail it. Emails are almost never read by anyone in a politicians office (especially when it's a zillion of em' from some big anti-whatever group), but almost every piece of snail mail is. The idea is that an email can be removed by some intern by pushing a button or two, a truckload of REAL mail from concerned sportsmen everyday takes a hell of a lot more to deal with. "Everyday" is the real key, if they start getting it everyday, things happen faster.

This site is a great place for alot of us to get together and ralley to the cause, and that's great, because we need do the numbers to get the point across. But we need to apply our numbers in a way that isn't so easy to ignore. ( It doesn't matter what the issue is, if a Senator gets 10,000 or so letters daily, all saying the same thing, he's going to do something to stop them, reguardless of why). My favorite method is to print a month or so worth of letters at a time, and then just send one a day. The price of a stamp and some paper becomes well worth it when we've got a few thousand people doing it. The tens of thousands who are bitching and whining at the local bar, or office, or the website(hint, hint:D), etc (and usually doing nothing about it). are the ones who need to take the time and effort. If you can spare about $13.20 a month for postage(or less if you just sign up for there mailing list, they will sometimes send you a postage payed reply envolope every month!) and you can muster the minute or two per day to mail a letter... you can make a difference that they will notice!

MT, WY, and ID don't have huge populations, if we can get even a few more of us doing it everyday, WE WILL BE HEARD. C'mon guys, if you've got the time to checkout LRH everyday, you've got time to make sure you can still hunt in the future, it's just that simple.

Sorry about the rant, but if you've got time to complain, you have time to make a real difference.

Thanks,
Cody

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.