help 6.5 bullet suggestions

It took me quite a few kills to fully trust the Bergers but after having a 168 Barnes fail to penetrate an elk shoulder twice from a 300 WBY I had to do something different!! I really like what the 6.5 140 does, we've seen even performance on deer, this year we'll get it on elk but I suspect it will do very well on elk based on what our other cal have done with Bergers on elk.
I've never been happier with bullet performance since going to the heavy for cal Bergers or Matrix, it would take a lot for me to go back to a copper or even bonded bullet to be honest but it did take a while to convince me!

When my build is done, i plan to use the Barnes 127 LRX. Me hunting buddies and I have switched to the ttsx's and love them.

When creating the LRX bullets for 6.5, why didn't they choose a heavier bullet with higher bc? Would a 140grn ttsx end up being too long? A 140grn 6.5 tsx would penetrate the walls of Fort Knox lol

When you start loading try h1000 with the 140's. It works well for me with the bergers and gets me just under 3000fps. Retumbo was consistent as well but kept me back around 2860. My 6.5-06 has a 24inch barrel.

I have a 6.5-06 that should be finished next week and thought I'd ask for some bullet suggestions. Rifle will be used for hunting. Possibly Bighorn sheep this fall as I drew a tag. Deer and antelope. I have guns better suited for elk, but they aren't out of the question. Out to say 800 yards. I'm biased against Berger's after I used them in Africa 5 years ago. Different caliber and 5 years could mean improvements so I'll listen. I'm generally looking at Scirocco's, Accubonds and SST's in that order. 130-140 gr bullet. BC over .500 is preferred. Consistent performance on game is vital. I expect to get close to 3000 FPS with 140's. Suggestions? Likes ? Dislikes? Please help especially if you shoot a .26 caliber currently. Thanks Bruce
SiroccoII, Hornady SST and Interbonds, followed by Accubond would be my choice. Well actually they are my choice HA! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.