Hello

orkan

I've been reading this site for years, so I figured I'd finally participate. I'm not sure exactly where a thread like this goes, so if it doesn't belong just let me know.

I left work early yesterday and got some shooting in. Figured I'd take some pictures and share. It was 70f, with a light breeze. Did some suppressor testing at 100, 300, and 700. When I remove the suppressor, I get .6 mil shift to the left on this rifle. Got 75rnds down range. Rifle is a remington 700 sps tactical with HS precision stock. Its wearing a premier 5-25 until my surgeon gets finished, then the fixed 4x goes back on it for deer shooting.

Shot the 308 a bit, then heat up the XDM while the 308 cooled down.
IMG_3958.JPG

The rock out there 1.5 mils low and 1 mil left is right at 700.
IMG_3963.JPG

Dope to 700. I was holding between .2 and .4 for wind.
IMG_3965.JPG

As the sun headed for the horizon, it was time for a bit of dinner, while using the suppressed 77/22 to thin out the sparrow and rabbit population. After all, no reason to wake my daughter while whacking vermin.
IMG_3970.JPG

Hmmm... this one appears to be having a negative reaction to the treatment...
IMG_3972.JPG

Hold fire, friendly in the zone... well, for another couple months anyway.
IMG_3975.JPG

Every time I squeeze the trigger, a little weight is lifted off my shoulders. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and thanks for running such a friendly and informative site.

Welcome aboard.

I like that reticle. And venture to guess that 'if' you would have shot at that rock you would have hit it on the right side.:)

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Great pics, thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

Unfortunately the corn in that field is too tall for me to see the ground anymore. The good news is that the archery deer hunting will be spectacular!

I need to buy that half section of ground so I can setup a longer range.

In regard to the optics, I'd say you are pretty close on your measurement. :) The premier sure does give a nice crisp image. They are my most favorite optics. So many features. Too bad the cost is so high.

Yay!!!! I checked them out, definitely too high for me!!!!

And I thought my Nighforce was expensive!!! :rolleyes:

LarryP7639, Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.