Hello

victorc

Howdy,

I guess I'm the new guy on the block here. I was lead to this forum by searching on a topic and following a link to a story regarding building a long range hunting rifle for under $1,000. Good write up. I was also lead here because I was being thrashed on the HuntAmerica forums because of long range hunting posts.

Len Backus is an individual I came to know and appreciate through his long range posts on the HuntAmerica site. Back then he was a fan of the 7mm Dakota. Can I assume he still is since Berger has a very successful 168 grain match grade hunting bullet having a ballistic coefficient over .600? It does not surprise me to see him as a major contributor to this forum. Hello, Len. I look forward to catching up on your recent experiences.

My current interest is learning as much about the Remington 700 Sendero SF II as I can. If anyone can point me to reviews on this product I would greatly appreciate it. I would also welcome any of your personal opinions on this product. I recently purchased a Sendero in 7mm Remington Mag and would like to set this rifle up as a long range hunting rifle.

Thank you.

Victor!

Nice to hear from you. Welcome to the site.

I was also lead here because I was being thrashed on the HuntAmerica forums because of long range hunting posts.

That is PRECISELY why I left HA and started this site 8 years ago.

It seems to me we almost hunted together years ago? What hunts are you doing this fall? So far I have drawn Montana deer. I also have put in for MT antelope, WY deer and antelope. I retired 2 years ago and have much more time available now.

I just got back from your home state of Utah last week. I went out to photograph Bryce, Zion, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Canyonlands. Had a great time.

Here is me coming up out of Lower Antelope Canyon. Can you see that little slot behind me? You work your way down through that "slot" to go down below ground. Once down there, the slot opens up wider.

0278.jpg

And here is a picture of the light beams sometimes present in Upper Antelope Canyon.

6314.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you, Len. Yes, we did almost get to hunt together a few years back. You are always welcome in our camp. I'm hoping to hunt the Henry Mountains in Utah this year for trophy mule deer. I went into the draw with 13 points so I should draw within the next couple of years. I'll know by April 30th. I'm also hoping to hunt whitetail in Montana this year.

I didn't know you started this site. From what I've seen so far it looks very well done. Thanks for your welcome... I hope to be a positive contributor. Here's a 5x6 bull I shot up in Wyoming back in 2006.

2168WYbull.jpg

Nice looking backdrop and elk.

Where and when is your MT hunt? I will be near Sidney around November 14.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts