Hello! New to Long Range Hunting Forum....sort of.

Welcome from the western end of Pa.
Nice country you have in Potter county.
Do you do any bear hunting?

Thank you birddog!
While I do have a number of bear wander thru my backyard regularly, I never have tried hunting them.
We had a 435 pound boar shot less than a half mile from here, and I have two sow with three cubs and two cubs respectively as regular visitors, so they are around.
All I hunt for are whitetail deer, and coyote if they cross my path.... got to keep the freezer full!

Thank you birddog!
While I do have a number of bear wander thru my backyard regularly, I never have tried hunting them.
We had a 435 pound boar shot less than a half mile from here, and I have two sow with three cubs and two cubs respectively as regular visitors, so they are around.
All I hunt for are whitetail deer, and coyote if they cross my path.... got to keep the freezer full!
I asked because a few years ago me and the wife took a trip to the (Pa) Grand Canyon and seen a couple bears on the way. The Pa Grand Canyon is very scenic for anyone not familiar with it.
Are you a 50 caliber flintlock guy?

I asked because a few years ago me and the wife took a trip to the (Pa) Grand Canyon and seen a couple bears on the way. The Pa Grand Canyon is very scenic for anyone not familiar with it.
Are you a 50 caliber flintlock guy?

My preference is a 54 cal round ball gun. Just 90 grs FFG, and 225 gr ball wrapped in an .015 OxYoke pillow ticking. Gets the job done.

Last edited: