Hello, new from Maine

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jspaulding13, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jspaulding13

jspaulding13 New Member

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jeff I am 27 yrs old and I live in Orono, Maine which is close to Bangor. I served 4 yrs in the Marine Corps as a machinegunner and I am now going to school. I have been getting on here a lot to learn some tips on long range shooting. I have a REM XCR in 300 RUM that I am trying to get proficient with at long range. I have shot a few nice bucks with it up here, but not at long range. Up here in Maine there aren't many long range hunting opportunities so any long range work that I do will probably be on the range. I look forward to learning from the forum and extending my maximum effective range in the processgun)

2. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

Thank you for your service, and welcome aboard.

Steve

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Jeff PI or Hollywood? Were you a machinegunner on a Fire Team or Door Gunner on a chopper or what? Semper Fi.

USMC 70-74, PI, Sgt., MOS 5900.

4. jspaulding13

jspaulding13 New Member

I was a heavy gunner in a CAAT platoon that later morphed into a mobile assault platoon when we went on our second deployment. Both are truck mounted. So, the majority of my time was spent on an M2 or the MK-19. I have done a lot with the 240 and the SAW but I have way more experience with the heavy guns.:D

5. MN Hunter

MN Hunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH. I am currently in your state for just over a week. We are staying just outside of Presque Isle. Beautiful country.

6. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service to our country! Hope you like it here at L/R/Hgun)

7. jspaulding13

jspaulding13 New Member

Thanks guys for the welcomes and I look forward to learning and participating in the forum.gun)