Hello from WV

WVGuns

Hello everyone. Just signed up and been doing tons of reading.. Great website BTW. I'm just starting to test the waters of Long range shooting and looking forward to learning and gathering all the info i can. Headed down to the new Peacemaker shooting facility in Glengary WV tomorrow can't wait to check it out. I'll let you guys know what i think.

Well the verdict is in and here goes my opinion of the new Peacemaker shooting facility in Glengary WV. Keep in mind this is my opinion only but i tell it like it is like it or not. They were having some kinda pistol competition going on there today which was cool, but the part i didn't understand was the road to the pistol range went right in front of the 1000 yard range shooting benches??? Is it me or does that not make any sense. With all the dirt moving that has been done there a lil thought i surely would have made that road go in behind the benches. Maybe theres other agendas or circumstances where they couldn't. So if anyone wanted to shoot the 1000 yard range while there is a pistol competition ur screwed i guess. Now onto the public\member 250 yard range. For the amount of dough these guys want to join i was certainly dissappointed to see a 10 bench 100 yard range. With only 1 of those benches able to shoot the 250. Other wise you had to lay down and shoot. This place is fairly new and i'm sure as time goes on they will expand and have nicer larger places to shoot. Until they do i'll keep shooting on my 100 yard range behind my house. Another thing if you volunteer u get 200$ off your membership and various other discounts on ammo, firearms and such. I think the deal is you have to volunteer a min of 5.5 hours a week which i figure with weather holidays etc you would be there 40 or so weeks a year. Multiply that by 5.5 and divide by the 200 ur saving on ur membership and you make a whooping 1dollar 1 cent an hour.........With gas at 4 bucks a gallon i just can't justify this place at all. Not now at least. Gun shop had about 15 or 20 pistols at most prob the same amount of long guns. Other members let me know what i'm missing cause this was my first trip there did i miss something or totally slam this place for no reason. Give me ur thoughts

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.