Hello from Western Colorado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ShortMag3, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ShortMag3

ShortMag3 Well-Known Member

I have been a frequent reader of this site for the last 2 years. I decided to join because I always seem to get the answers I need by reading the posts on this site.
    I am an avid rifle hunter and very much enjoy long range shooting as a hobby. It all started with a Model 700 CDL 300RUM, customized the heck out it and just recently bought a Mdl 700 300WSM in the Boone & Crockett series. To my suprise the WSM is an exceptional caliber. I have found most of my starting load data here on this site.
    I enjoy reading everyones advice and opinions, and hope to be of help to someone one of these days.

ShortMag3

2. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site.

I agree with you, the WSM's are incredibly impressive.

Where in Western Colorado do you live? I grew up north west of Mack, went to Fruita Mon. High School and Mesa College.

AJ

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Well, good morning!

4. ShortMag3

ShortMag3 Well-Known Member

I live in Grand Junction, Colorado. My daughter goes to GJ High, son is in Redlands Middle School. We moved here from Arizona back in 1997. I was recuited as an engineer for an Aerospace Mfg company that is no longer here.
    I love being able to hunt every year and still stock pile points. I have burned 9 elk points for a late season elk hunt in Unit 61. Should be a great hunt.

Mesa State now has an engineering program affiliates with CSU. We are now big time!!!

ShortMag3