Hello from WA state

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SANDRAT, Dec 9, 2009.

1. SANDRAT

SANDRAT Member

I'm really new to this LR hunting for big game.I caught the bug when I missed a shot at the Muley of a lifetime two seasons ago,could not get a range with the POS Leupy RXIV I was using,guessed at about 650yds,turned out he was more like 750 out.I have since totally changed my equipment, I just finished a 338 EDGE build. Hope to learn from the information availible on this forum.

2. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

Welcome! That makes you an East Sider, since there are NO 750 yard shots on the West Side!!:D

Bill

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. How about posting some pics of your 338 Edge or at least give us a list of components.:)

4. SANDRAT

SANDRAT Member

I have a home on both sides of the pass,favorite hunting spot is outside of Quincey off Baird Springs road , also south of I-90 in the Crab Creek area.

The 338 EDGE is a trued and blueprinted 700 Rem LA,McM A5 stock,Barrel by Benchmark in Arlington,WA,"Fat Bastard" brake from J.Joplin,Rifle Basix trigger,not much more to say about it other than it is a beauty,comes in at 13lb10oz with the Sightron SIII on it,may change to a Valdada 3-18 in the future.

5. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Nice components, thanks for posting and enjoy it.

6. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Nice rig you got going! I spent a few years in Ritzville and was all over eastern WA on a mobile service truck. There are some nice deer to be had in that area. LR capabilities definatly give you an edge in those areas.