Hello from the Thumb of Michigan

ZebDeming

I've been lurking here for a while and decided that I should properly introduce myself. This place is great, I've learned alot by just reading. I've been shooting for as long as I can remember and am now teaching my kids to shoot as well (nothing can describe seeing your daugher outshoot grown men). Most of my shooting has been limited to 240 yards (not quite what you guys would considder long range) because that's what the local range has, but a friend that farms has given me permission to use his land for practice and one part is almost a mile long, not that I could do anything at that range :D, but it's there for me to practice. I've just finished putting together a Savage 110 in .338 Edge and am looking forward to getting some time behind it. I did all the work myself, including threading and chambering, the barrel nut was deleted, it's got a SSS trigger and recoil lug and wears a Sightron SII 4.5-14x42. The poor thing still has the tupperware stock but that's going to change soon. Here's a youtube video of it's first shot ( YouTube - Savage 110 in .338 Edge )
Well just wanted to say Hi and thanks for a great spot for someone to learn

Thanks
Zeb

Welcome to the site,

Where in the thumb do you live? I'm in Lapeer and would love to visit over a cup of coffee. I've been shooting an Edge for a year or so (built on Savage) and an Allen Mag for nearly 3 years (I've shot it at nearly a mile, what a hoot!).

Drop me a PM and I'll buy the coffee.

AJ

Thanks guys! AJ, I live an hour about straight north from Lapeer, I'd like to sit and talk sometime, I'll Pm you next time I'm heading down that way. I think that it was your Savage that made up my mind on the caliber I chose :)

Zeb

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts