Hello from the land of polar bears...and beer.

Spartans

Newbie here and hello to all,

It's been a LOOONG time since I owned a rifle. Back in my teenage years, I went chuck scalping with a 22-250 any chance I got.

And then life and wife took over...

Anywho...fast forward to today. I'm semi retired and don't want my brain to fester anymore then it has. So I want to get back into shooting. I'm reading...and reading....and reading.....and reading on it. There are so many choices/combos that it's bewildering.

Hunting does not hold much appeal to me and again, for me, going to a 100 yard range is mostly about making noise or sighting a rifle for hunting. Basically, I want to get into long range shooting. But...I have a history of getting excited for something new, spending stupid money on it and then getting bored with it.

Sooo....I'm starting from scratch and I'm joining a club. I'm kind of hoping that I can meet and greet with other shooters and get into a bit of competition shooting for motivation. I contacted my not so local "local club" and going to their open house in March....and take it from there. They asked me what I "liked" and if I want to join F-class. Don't know what that is so I'm doing some homework on it....although my wife thinks it simply means old Farts class

Which brings me to....is there anyone in the GTA (greater Toronto area) that is doing F-class? Or Ontario? I can use all the help I can get to get back into the sport.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.