Hello from Southern Alberta

Nickie.01

Long time reader but first time posting. Love reloading and long range shooting, but I bow hunt and love getting within 20 yards on a stalk or calling. Great information on shooting techniques, reloading, and long range shooting on this site as well as real world reviews of new equipment.

Long time reader but first time posting. Love reloading and long range shooting, but I bow hunt and love getting within 20 yards on a stalk or calling. Great information on shooting techniques, reloading, and long range shooting on this site as well as real world reviews of new equipment.

Hello neighbor just to the north.

Steve

Hello Steve, very interesting design! A couple of questions: 1) - do you think the 214 gr .308 caliber bullets will perform well in the traditional 1 in 10 twist .300 WM barrel, I see your website lists a preferred 1 in 9 twist? 2) - how do your Canadian friends order? 3) do the 181 grain .308 do a better job all around for the .300 WM? I hope you Southern friends appreciate us chasing the Elk home when they come across the border to fatten up on crops. Lots of them visit from the hills before hunting season, then disappear back South where you must treat them better than us meat eaters?

Hello Steve, very interesting design! A couple of questions: 1) - do you think the 214 gr .308 caliber bullets will perform well in the traditional 1 in 10 twist .300 WM barrel, I see your website lists a preferred 1 in 9 twist? 2) - how do your Canadian friends order? 3) do the 181 grain .308 do a better job all around for the .300 WM? I hope you Southern friends appreciate us chasing the Elk home when they come across the border to fatten up on crops. Lots of them visit from the hills before hunting season, then disappear back South where you must treat them better than us meat eaters?

That is pretty funny. Your must be just north of Shelby?

If you have enough altitude the 214 will run. I run the 181g in my 10 twist. The added velocity and better stabilization with the 181g will more than likely out work the 214g out past 800 yards. We shot quite a few elk with both those bullets last fall. Both were flawless but for your 10" twist I would use the 181g.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts