Hello from Olympia, Washington

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by El Lobo, May 16, 2010.

1. El Lobo

El Lobo Member

Hi everybody. My name is Rowland Zoller. I am new to the forum and to long range hunting so be gentle because I am kind of sensitive and my feelings are easily hurt. Seriously, this looks like a great forum and I hope to learn lots of good stuff in anticipation of my first trip to eastern Montana this fall for deer and antelope with my friend Will. I will be taking my Remington 700 ADL's in 243 and 30-06 on the trip. Both are outfitted with Leupold scopes, the 243 with a 2-7x and the 06 with a 3-9x. I would like to work up some handloads for that open country and longer ranges than over here in western washington, where we hunt in the brush a lot. Any help and wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Rowland

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to LongRangeHunting Rowland. I hope you and Will have a great trip this fall.

3. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

I built the Sportsmans Warehouse in Lacey. Dont know if it even exists now. Watch out in Mt. if youve never been there, you may not want to leave:D. Theres piles of info here on L/R/H for 243 and -06. Great guys too. Not too many without manners, so your ''feelings'' shouldnt get hurt. haha The Moderators and Mr Backus run a very polite site here. I realy appreciate that about this place.
    Tons of info, and polite folks. Glad to see you found L/R/H. Good luck in Montana.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  5. El Lobo

El Lobo Member

Thanks, fellas. This looks like a good place to learn what I need to know. Winmag, the Sportsmans Warehouse is still in Lacey, although it is now called Warehouse Sports. I just bought a really nice pair of Zeiss Conquest 10x40 binoculars there last week. They were on closeout for $650--too good a deal to pass up.

I am really looking forward to hunting in Montana. We are going over in the NE corner of the state. Looks to be a great trip.

See you around the forum.

Rowland