hello from ohio

lee78

just thought i would stop in a say hello and let you all know i am new to long range shooting. I am looking at building a decent lr rifle and could use all the help i can get.thanks again from ohio

Piqua huh?. I grew up in Elida just north of you on I-75....welcome...you should figure out what you want out of a LR rifle first. What will it be used for primarily? Most people want 1 rifle to do it all but in reality you will have to make some compromises as long as you only have 1. I suggest either buying a savage or remmy 700 initially as this gives you the best options for stock modification and other accessories as your budget allows. If $ isn't an issue then you'll have plenty of custom action and barrel choices to choose from. 2ndly are you going to reload or buy ammo...?

My main use will be for target shooting.from bench and ground. as far as loading my ammo,I would like to get into that someday soon but will buy for now. i have been looking at buying a remmy 308 and learn what my ability is to shoot at distance.not to sure where in ohio i will have distance past 200 yrds for now as alot of places i can shoot are limited.

hunter2678.....you are not far from me at all. its maybe an hr or so from me.i am up around that way all the time.i have family that lives up at indian lake.

.223, .243, .308 would be a good start for what you're looking to do. All 3 should be easy to locate decent loaded ammo. Im sure you've been to Olde English at this point to see what they have in terms of rifles?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.