Hello from NW Missouri

nwMOgsp

Merry Christmas to all from NW Missouri. I am just starting to catch the long range bug, and plan to do lots of reading on the site while it is nice and cold outside. I have a Sako 75 in 7mm STW and made my first long range shot on a deer this year, well not long range compared to many others on the site, but long for me (384 yards). My previous long shot was just a hair over 100 yards, and most have been much shorter, so this was a major step.
The main farm I hunt has some large crop and CRP fields, so 1/2 mile plus shots are available. The problem is, 10 yard shots are available also, so bullet selection is difficult. I have been shooting 160 grain Accubonds, but if anyone has any suggestions for something that has worked better for them, let me know.

Jason

Hello gsp, we need mo bullheaded "show-me" people on here, glad you could join us. I have a couple of friends that grew up close to you. One is in Savanah and the other is from Cosby. And my sister in law is from Barnard.

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.