Hello from Northern Az.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by flagflyfish, Jan 27, 2008.

1. flagflyfish

flagflyfish Member

I wanted to say hello from Northern AZ. I'm just starting out in the long range shooting sports, I grew up with a rifle in my hands, so I'm fairly good with one. I recently aquired a Rem 700 VLS chambered in .22-250, w/leopold 6x18 adj objective scope, and am picking up a Sako 6mmPPC w/leopold 12x scope on thursday. Any and all opinions will be welcomed!
    Get used to me as I will be hanging around and asking a lot of questions!:D Rex

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, but you have to tell me the origin of your screen name!

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Rex, welcome also to Long Range Hunting.

Just a guess but Flagstaff is in the northern part of the state. And.......if he was a fly fisher from Flagstaff.....hmmmmmm.;)

My wife and I spent some time around Flagstaff touring on a bike. Saw some pretty country, in and north of, Flagstaff. Sure was hot though when we went through there. Up early and hit the road right after daylight was how we tried to beat the heat.:):)

4. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Dick, of course. And I suppose you always know who the killer was in the murder mysteries. light bulb

5. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Nope, for stuff like that I rely on my wife.;);)

6. flagflyfish

flagflyfish Member

Heat? I think I forgot what that is!:p We have 28" of snow on the ground with another 10" due by morning, we were stuck at about 20 deg temps W/ high winds for weeks. Life in the mountains!:D It is hot up here in the summertime, then we just wish it would snow...
    And you are the big prize winner on my screenname!(one grape jolly rancher candy). my motto is "Any river, Anytime".

7. gamehauler

gamehauler Well-Known Member

Howdy Neighbor.
    from Payson;)
    Mike