hello from Missouri

Gary22-250

i've been doing a lot of reading on your forum and thought i'd join . i archery hunt most of the time but the coyotes are just terrible and have been for a few years . its not uncommon to see 3-6 coyotes from my bow stands in the evenings and i have taken 5 with my bow in the past 3 years two this season . we also have a few bobcats around and i got one with my bow in 2006 but the turkeys are the same as gone never see any rabbits there anymore so i went out last Thur. and bought a savage 12FV 22-250 so i hope to thin them out a lot .
ill reload my own shells i'm just not sure what would be a good round . my longest shot will be with in 300 yards .

Hello

Good job on the bow kills!

Have had great results with the 55gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. Very good accuracy as well. Can be hard on fur though.

Welcome Gary always good to see another show-me hunter. Glad you could join us here if you look around a while you will find a lot of very good info and some very knowledgable people on here. I like my 55 grain ballistic tips out of a 22-250 and 65 grain v-max's out of a 243

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.