Hello from Minnesota

BGL

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for some time getting advice on reloading and optics so thanks for that.

I get to the range frequently enough to keep my shell tumbler cobweb free. I am not a match shooter, only interested in hunting, but find the match shooters have a lot of insight from the volume of shooting they do.

I am currently shooting a 243 win (model 52 Styer/Mannlicher), 300 Wby mag (older German Mark V with the 1/12 twist and a lot of freebore) and plan to try my 270 Mauser that I just built tomorrow.

Last year I did not get picked in the Wyoming pronghorn draw so I expect to get picked this year. If so I am looking forward to trying my latest toy, a pair of Zeiss 10 X 45 binoculars with the built in range finder. I have an older pair of Swarofski 10 by 50 glasses and the new Zeiss glass is better in my opinion and the range finder is really slick.

I suppose I should sell the old Swarofski's.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the group and thought it is about time I say hello.

Bruce, from Minneapolis, MN.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.