Hello from Idaho Falls, Idaho.........

Catahoula

Hey Guys, just registered to join the LRH site. My favorite critters to hunt are black bears. I have taken 6 and the biggest was last spring. He was just under 7 feet squared. Coyotes and deer are my next favorite. Just had a 22-6mm Ackley with an 8 twist barrel built. Can't wait to start fireforming and shooting long range with it. Hoping to shoot 80 grainers at 1000. Also love fishing and hiking with my dogs. I raise Catahoula Curs and use them for calling/decoy dogs.
Hope to hear from some of you, Kirk

Catahoula,

Welcome aboard!

Catahoula curs, eh? When I came up from St. Charles Parish in '87 I brought a pair with me. Ended up flooding southeast Idaho w/catahoulas.

Did did some hogging in Texas and cattle herding in Idaho. They are a great dog.

Mine were NALC leopard type. Great for running the legs off of yotes also.

Chime in and lets here some stories.

Right now Kirk, I'm in Plains, up the NW part of the state. Moved here 3 years ago from Ennis which is in the SW part. Not all that far from you.
Worked at a gun shop in ennis and had several customers from IF.

Hey 405,
I am familiar with the Ennis area. My daughter lives in Gateway and I usually drive through Ennis rather than the West Yellowstone, Gallatin Canyon. What kind of gunwork do you specialize in? I have a stock that I need refinished.
Kirk

Hi Kirk, sorry, a gunsmith I am not. I'm not sure if I can post the store name so I leave it out, but its one of the best gun shops/ sporting goods stores in MT. We had an on-sight gunsmith but he passed away several years ago.
I quit working there last year but still have close ties with the guys there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.