Hello from Idaho Falls, Idaho.........

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Catahoula, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Catahoula

Catahoula Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, just registered to join the LRH site. My favorite critters to hunt are black bears. I have taken 6 and the biggest was last spring. He was just under 7 feet squared. Coyotes and deer are my next favorite. Just had a 22-6mm Ackley with an 8 twist barrel built. Can't wait to start fireforming and shooting long range with it. Hoping to shoot 80 grainers at 1000. Also love fishing and hiking with my dogs. I raise Catahoula Curs and use them for calling/decoy dogs.
    Hope to hear from some of you, Kirk

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to LongRangeHunting Kirk.

3. fj40mojo

fj40mojo Well-Known Member

Welcome from another Idaho guy. Grew up in Salmon, live in Boise now (for the moment).

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Catahoula,

Welcome aboard!

Catahoula curs, eh? When I came up from St. Charles Parish in '87 I brought a pair with me. Ended up flooding southeast Idaho w/catahoulas.

Did did some hogging in Texas and cattle herding in Idaho. They are a great dog.

Mine were NALC leopard type. Great for running the legs off of yotes also.

Chime in and lets here some stories.

5. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Welcome Kirk, enjoy the show.

6. Catahoula

Hey 405,
    I have several friends in MT. What town are you in?
    Kirk

7. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Right now Kirk, I'm in Plains, up the NW part of the state. Moved here 3 years ago from Ennis which is in the SW part. Not all that far from you.
    Worked at a gun shop in ennis and had several customers from IF.

8. Catahoula

Hey 405,
    I am familiar with the Ennis area. My daughter lives in Gateway and I usually drive through Ennis rather than the West Yellowstone, Gallatin Canyon. What kind of gunwork do you specialize in? I have a stock that I need refinished.
    Kirk

9. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Hi Kirk, sorry, a gunsmith I am not. I'm not sure if I can post the store name so I leave it out, but its one of the best gun shops/ sporting goods stores in MT. We had an on-sight gunsmith but he passed away several years ago.
    I quit working there last year but still have close ties with the guys there.