Hello from Colorado

alan L

[FONT=&quot]Found this Blog just recently and was impressed. The members here are not only quite knowledgeable, but friendly and helpful to new shooters. To a middle 50's guy,bringing new, responsible people to our sport ( what ever discipline) is extremely important. Great job here!! Last year I helped packed a 340 Bull elk for my 31 year old son, shot with a 7mmSTW 490 yards. That bull was dead before he hit the ground. I have seen way to many bulls shot, and shot, and shot, until they go far enough to change their zip code.

I have had the good fortune to spend a lot of time in just about every mountain range in North America. The shooting sports have been my hobby for 50 years now. To me, the skill level of making a 900 yard kill shot is something obtained by very few people.

We all have been made to listen to guys spouting off about making 500 yard shots, bla bla bla, when we know they or their equipment couldn't shoot across the road.

Nice to find some real shooters here.

Alan
[/FONT]

Alan, good to have you join us.

Where is the picture of the elk??!!

Also, why not place a pin on the Google Map in the NAV bar near the top of the page.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.