Hello from Arkansas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by KSLASHW, Mar 24, 2012.

1. KSLASHW

KSLASHW New Member

Hello from Arkansas! Looking to get into long range hunting / shooting. Over the past several of months, I have been doing a lot of research on line. There is so much information out there that it's rather overwhelming, especially when it comes to parting with hard earned dinero.
    A salesperson at one of our local sporting goods stores recommended this site for getting sound advice on making an informed decision. I haven't fully decided on the direction I am ready to take for a custom or semi custom build in either .308 semi-auto or bolt action, but will get there. Hope you all can help me put together a shopping list for a shooting system I can rely on and be excited to own once I gather my thoughts into something less vague and finalize my initial budget for this project.

2. T3-OleMan

T3-OleMan Well-Known Member

Welcome to LongRangeHunting and good luck with your new toy.

Sounds like the Bolt or No-Bolt will be your first decision. Bolts have most times proven more accurate at long range. Looks like you got past the Cal. choices.....308 is a good one with alot of selections on everything.

This crew has most any info that a person could ever want.

Good luck,

3. coop35

coop35 Active Member

Welcome!