Hello from Alaska

Chugach

Greetings from the cul-de-sac at the end of the continent. Hunting interests mostly but enjoy reloading and reaching out a bit (500 yds or less). Ideally I'd love to build up a sweet mtn. gun but am working with a Tikka t3 light in .270 and a Sako L61R 30-06 mannlicher (swapped to bell & carlson) stock. My wife drew a Tok mgmt dall sheep tag after drawing a great caribou tag last season so lately I've been getting her dialed in to longer shots. She anchored her caribou at 248 yds so she's a pretty good study. I got a chrono for my bday so my goal is to work up some good loads for her and the tikka .270 for this summer's sheep hunt. Ideally I'd like to get her (and myself) more comfortable at around 400 yards in real mountain conditions (not the bench). Hence the move to start reloading. Any advice is always appreaciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.