Hello from a newbie

sillyrabbit72

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to all of this. I have been shooting sporting clays for 18 years since I was 6 but since no one in my family hunted I never really did any rifle shooting. Turns out I love hunting in pretty much any capacity as I prefer my meat wild instead of packaged in styrofoam. I got myself started with a .300win mag as after doing some research as it seemed like whether my friends wanted to go hunt anything from white tail to moose I would be covered. As far as the rifle goes it is a pretty much stock tikka t3 lite. It currently has a mountain tactical stainless steel recoil lug, 20 MOA base and wears a primary arms 4.5-14 ffp scope. It will soon be receiving a muzzle brake and a McMillan stock. Anyway I can't wait to learn from everybody!

-Sam

Hey Silly,
The 300 win mag is one of my favorite cartridges. They are truly amazing. If you want reloading advice pm me. I don't know it all so I will just tell you what has worked for me.
Thanks, Kirk

Hello Sam, welcome to the LRH forum. I just started dabbling in the .300WM cartridge at the beginning of 2015, I like it a lot.... I have owned many different magnums, and for a .30 caliber so far this is a good one. Enjoy the rifle, hunting, and the site.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.