Hello fom NC

OldManOwen

Hello all,

My name is Nate and I have come here to absorb as much knowledge as I can. I have recently "built" my first AR platform in a 6.5 Grendel and I'm looking to build something new! I read and read and read and seem to be into the weird calibers and combinations. I guess I just do not like cookie cutter! I handload everything I shoot and I am still learning the tricks to the trade there at the cyclic rate as well!.
I am a United States Marine as you may have guessed and I have some medical issues that occured in country so at my 8 year mark in Dec I will be getting out. I should be collecting a little bit of money from the VA if things go right for me but they never do. My plan is to go to school in CO, near Golden where one of my Marines who got out after 4 lives and attend a 14 month Gunsmith school. I am not sure if i'll be able to make a career out of it but I would like to find a few things to manufacture from home and maybe even build a custom rifle or two to sell on consignment at a friendly shop. I look forward to all the help I can get especialy with my first project starting this month! Thank you all for your time.

PS I enjoy long walks through the high country and shooting "things" from very far away.

Semper fi!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.