Hello All...... from Virginia

Hanksm703

Hi All. I am interested in reloading ammo and seek your advice on outstanding progressive reloading equipment for metallic cartridges. I have 4 progressive reloaders; 2 for shotshells and 2 for metallic (both Dillons; a 450 that I have used for quite a while and a 650 that I purchased 4 years ago but is still new in the box and unused).

I have seen a few comments ini other areas that indicates some discontent with a Dillon 650, but I haven't read of why one may be dissatisfied with theirs.

I purchased the 650, principally to reload 45acp and 223. I use the 450 for 38/357 but more recently I have had primer problems whereby it seems to dump several primers out when the knob is pulled back. I have read the instruction manual for the 450 and note a primer adjustment screw in which I have changed its' relative position, but it still dumps several primers at times.

Wondering if I should continue with the new 650? Also wondering if I can adjust the primer portion of the 450 to feed only one primer to the primer holder without spillage.

Any thoughts would be valuable to me.

Thank you.......

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.